Workshop presented at the 3rd Annual Modern-Day Worker Conference: Over, Under, Through: Women Rising for Justice at Work
Materials on immigration options for immigrant workers who are victims of sexual violence and sexual harassment.
- Trauma Informed Interviewing Tool. This tool helps advocates and attorneys working with immigrant victims applying for U visas and VAWA self-petitions to identify victim’s trauma history that is relevant and helpful to proving the victims’ immigration case.
- Coercive Control research can be helpful in detecting the full pattern of abuse in labor cases. This construct was first identified and defined in the context of intimate partner violence.
- Mary Ann Dutton and Lisa Goodman, Coercion in Intimate Partner Violence: Toward a New Conceptualization Sex Roles, Vol. 52, Nos. 11/12, June 2005
- Battering or Extreme Cruelty: Drawing Examples from Civil Protection Order and Family Law Cases (September 2015) This article sets out and applies the steps to take in applying the identification of coercive control in domestic violence cases that can be useful to those applying coercive control in the workplace context
- Chapter 10 U-Visa: Victims of Criminal Activity
- Chapter 11: Human Trafficking and the T-Visa
- DHS U and T Visa Law Enforcement Resource Guide Updated November 30, 2015
Public Benefits Access for Immigrant Victims and Children
- Access to State-Funded Public Benefits in Illinois for Survivors, Based on Immigration Status
- State by state public benefits map
U Visa Certifications in Employment Based Abuse Cases – Legal Research Tools
- Appendix I- States with Forced Labor Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix II- States with Forced Labor mentioned in Other Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix III- States with Slave Trade Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix IV- States with Involuntary Servitude Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix V- States with Involuntary Servitude Mentioned in Other Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix VI- States with Involuntary Servitude and Slavery (Slave Trade) in the State Constitution and in Statue (Oct 2016)
- Appendix VII- States with Peonage Statutes (Oct. 2016)
- Appendix VIII- States with Peonage Mentioned in Other Statutes (Oct. 2016)
If you need help accessing any of the resources listed above contact NIWAP at (202) 274-4457 or email@example.com