In this National Judicial Network peer-to-peer session, state court judges will learn how NIWAP’s public benefits map and state public benefits charts can support them in easily accessing the information they need to make court orders that ensure victims can access the public benefits for which they are eligible including housing, healthcare, childcare, food assistance, TANF, etc. This information will help ensure that courts do not order crime victims to access benefits they are not eligible for. NIWAP staff will explore three hypotheticals throughout the session and will demonstrate how the public benefits tools can be used in each of these case-scenarios to determine eligibility to public benefits for crime victims and their children.
- NIWAP’s Interactive Public Benefits Map (October 24, 2022)
- Guide to the Public Benefits Map (Updated April 6, 2023)
- All State Public Benefits Charts and Interactive Public Benefits Map (2022)
- State-Funded Public Benefits Comparison Chart (June 29, 2022)
- All State Demographics (Updated September 13, 2023)