This panel at the Harvard Immigration Project Symposium covered how an immigrant crime victim’s ability to seek help or participate in the justice system can be impacted in times of increased immigration enforcement. It also discussed deportation and removal protections for crime victims and witnesses under laws such as VAWA Confidentiality and the ICE Courthouse Enforcement Policy (Jan. 2018).
VAWA Confidentiality & U Visa
- VAWA Confidentiality and Protections for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence (October 31, 2017)
- Training Materials: VAWA Confidentiality Protections (Last Updated – February 2018)
- VAWA Confidentiality Protections for Immigrant Crime Victims (March 3, 2017- Update January 31, 2018)
- VAWA Confidentiality Statutes, Legislative History and Implementing Policy (2.23.17)
- San Francisco Superior Court, Civil Division, U Visa Certification Protocol (October 27, 2017)