This training was part of the FY2017 Grantee Orientation for the OVW LAV grantees and OVW Rural grantees. This orientation addressed how to build the legal capacity to combat domestic violence and sexual assault against immigrants.
- PowerPoint Presentation for Training
- Breaking Barriers manual
- Breaking Barriers is a comprehensive manual that provides information that will be useful to advocates, attorneys, justice, and social services professionals working with and assisting immigrant survivors of domestic and family violence.
- Chapter 03:2: VAWA Confidentiality and Breaches of Confidentiality
- Chapter 03:3 Preparing the VAWA Self-Petition and Applying for Residence
- Chapter 03:4 VAWA Cancellation of Removal
- Chapter 03:5 Additional Remedies Under VAWA: Battered Spouse Waiver
- Chapter 03:6 U-Visas: Victims of Criminal Activity
- U-Visa Certification Toolkit for Judges
- U-Visa Certification Toolkit for Law Enforcement and Prosecutors
- Family Law
- Public Benefits
- TA Flyer for Free Technical Assistance and Resources for Professionals Serving Immigrant and Refugee Women and Children