This was part of a training conducted at Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence.
- VAWA Confidentiality Protections Training Materials
- Public Benefits Training Materials
- Law Enforcement Training Materials
- Immigration Relief for Immigrant Crime Victims and Immigrant Children: Training Materials
- Family Law Protections Training Materials
Materials related to specific questions during training session:
- Members honorably discharged from the military are eligible to receive DACA. In terms of undocumented immigrants, they are able to service in the armed forces under Military Accessions Vital to National Interest, as long as they entered the country under age 16. The majority of these individuals have or had DACA.
- Is a child eligible for SIJ if their perpetrator is a step parent? Generally no. A child is eligible for SIJ only if the step parent has parental rights under state law. This typically means that the step parent must have adopted the child.
- For information on how to accompany an undocumented immigrant applying for benefits see Chapter 4.3: Barriers to Accessing Services: The Importance of Advocates Accompanying Battered Immigrants Applying for Public Benefits
- Judicial Ethics Codes:
- DOJ Letter to State Courts on Language Access